Monday, October 29, 2012

Chocolate Chip & Nut Cookies

How you like your chocolate chip cookies to taste like? chewy? crunchy? I'm glad that I tested out this old-fashioned chocolate chip & nut cookies! They are crunchy at the edges and at the same time chewy in the middle! Love the bits of nuts in very bite and of course the large amount of chocolate chips embedded in the cookie. Just could not stop at just one cookie!! 






Ingredient
  • 115gm unsalted butter
  • 50gm white sugar
  • 100gm brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla paste
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp hot water
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 190gm plain flour
  • 170gm semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 60gm chopped walnuts

Method
  1. Cream butter and all sugar together until light & fluffy.
  2. Beat in egg until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add into batter along with the salt. Beat briefly.
  3. Sift in flour and fold till batter formed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts until well mixed.
  4. Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto lined baking sheets. (I use an ice-cream scoop)
  5. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12-15mins until the edges are lightly brown.
  6. Cool on baking sheets for 5 mins before transferring on wire rack to cool completely  before storing.


2 comments:

PH said...

I like my cookies crunch all the way through. Will try this recipe though as I love choc chip and nuts combination.

ogyep yummy mellow said...

Hi,
My girl just asked me to bake choc chip cookies for her.. will try out your recipe..

Related Posts with Thumbnails